Virus and Malware Removal
Experts in virus and malware removal
Milton Keynes Computers are experts in computer virus removal, using an arsenal of anti-malware tools we can detect and remove most threats. As an ESET UK reseller we are also able to offer a comprehensive anti-virus solution to keep you safe online and help avoid any future infections.
Some computer malware is very persistent in its operation and can be very difficult to remove unless the computer is put into a special diagnostic mode known as “Safe Mode” in some cases however a full operating system re-install may be recommended for very severe infections.
If you suspect your computer is infected please give us a call on 01908 465118 or email us using our secure contact form.
Common Indicators of Malware Infection
- Reduced performance, you may find your system is running slower than usual.
- Increased hard drive activity
- Increase in SPAM email to your Inbox
- Increase in unwanted online advertising or pop-ups
- Documents can no longer be opened, they may have been encrypted by ransomware such as CryptoLocker
Is Malware limited to just computers?
Computer Viruses and Malware are not just limited to computers, they also commonly affect smart phones and tablets. This is a trend which has been growing year on year since 2010. Currently the most infected smart phone operating system is Android.
Types of Malware
One of the more frightening sides of modern day Malware is Ransomware. Ransomware is essentially Malware which will hold your personal data such as documents, pictures, music ect ransom. The way it does this is by encrypting your data with extremely strong and often uncrackable encryption methods, this then demands money from you for the keys or software to unlock this data back to it’s previous unencrypted state. Once the Malware has run it’s encryption process, Without deep pockets or a reliable backup solution it is very unlikely you will see that data again. In certain situations however we may be able to perform data recovery to try and recover some of the data.
What is the difference between Virus, Spyware and Malware?
- Virus are software programs with a payload such as personal data encryption, spam email relaying, proxy servers and backdoors. These are usually disguised as free downloads, computer software such as registry fixing programs, computer fix software, emails (shipping notifications, bank statements, credit card bills)
- Spyware is a term used for covert software programs which might steal your personal information, this could be tracking your online surfing habits and targeting relevant adverts at you.
- Malware is short for malicious software, so this is used as a general term to describe Computer viruses, spyware and ransomware or any software which may be deemed malicious in its nature.